Sex offender Rolf Harris charged with more indecent assaults on seven victims
as young as 12
12th February 2016
By Martin Robinson
Entertainer Rolf Harris is to be charged with seven counts of indecent assault,
the Crown Prosecution Service has announced.
Entertainer Rolf Harris is to be charged with seven counts of indecent assault on victims aged between 12 and 27, the Crown Prosecution Service has announced.
The 85-year-old was jailed for almost six years in 2014 after being found guilty of 12 counts of indecent assault.
Harris, who is due to be released next year, is now accused of assaulting seven new alleged victims between 1971 and 2004.
A CPS spokesman said: 'We have carefully considered the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police Service as part of Operation Yewtree in relation to Rolf Harris.
'Having completed our review in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, we have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest for Mr Harris to be charged with seven counts of indecent assault.
'The alleged offences date from 1971 to 2004 and relate to seven complainants aged between 12 and 27 at the time of the alleged offending'.
Harris, who is married with one daughter, will appear at Westminster Magistrates Court on March 17.
It was recently reported that Harris has made £76,000 while in jail through an investment firm of which he was formerly a director.
Company accounts show RHE Investments Ltd saw its assets increase by £76,604 from £7,170,293 to £7,246,843. The company is half owned by Harris and his wife, Alwen, and the other half by family trusts.
It was reported earlier this month that his wife has recently stopped making the two-hour trip to HMP Stafford to see him because she is too ill.
A neighbour of the couple said: 'She finds the journey to see him very arduous and has become a recluse.'
Fallen star: Rolf Harris, pictured left with his portrait of the Queen and his Officer of the
Order of Australia medal, was unmasked as a paedophile who 'mesmerised' his victims
Support: Harris, pictured with his daughter Bindi, left, and wife Alwen, right, said his victims
were fame hungry and only after his money but a jury refused to believe him
Source : ‘Daily Mail'
Notre site/Home page